| December 07, 2020
Everything you need to know about general insurance
We are surrounded by valuable things which need to be safeguarded like our car, house, health, etc. Any kind of loss or threat can prove to take a major toll on our financial and emotional well-being. We might not have any control over the uncertainties that life brings but we can surely look for options to protect and indemnify through the insurance policy. General insurance provides financial protection against loss or damage or other liabilities to everything around us except our lives. For each of the products there are different general insurance available:
1. Health Insurance: Health being one of the most important parts of our lives, such policies have to be purchased as a priority. They help in protecting any financial liability arising out of medical expenses due to ailments or accidents.
2. Motor Insurance: Mandatory by law under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, this insurance indemnifies any expenses related to self, vehicle, and third-party.
3. Travel Insurance: Travels can turn out to be an event of worries with incidents like flight delays, baggage loss, hijack distress, and medical emergencies. To cover all these domestic and internationally, there is travel insurance available.
4. Home Insurance: Owning a home is a dream come true in terms of emotions as well as investments. Hence it is important to ensure it against any man-made or natural catastrophes with a home insurance policy.
5. Other Insurances: Apart from the afore-mentioned day-to-day necessary insurance policies, there are an array of other general insurance products like commercial insurance (protecting business-related risks), crop insurance, corporate insurance, fire insurance, property insurance, and many more.
We tend to spend plenty of money on buying the desired items or building the expensive property but often fail to invest a fraction of the amount on the required cover. Findoc can help you to understand which policy is best suited for your requirement.