| December 07, 2020
Tips for first-time health insurance policy buyers
The Covid-19 era has taught all of us the importance of planning uncertainties. With the rapidly changing lifestyle of people, ever-increasing deadly diseases and the skyrocketing cost of medicine is an alarming situation. Below mentioned are the top 7 tips to consider when buying health insurance for the first time in India:
1. Investing in this at an early stage: Considering the growing concern, it is the best idea to buy a health insurance policy in their prime age. This will help in incurring low premium, serving waiting period already in the pink of health and least probability of rejections
2. Type of Policy: With an abundance of policies available, it is of utmost importance to select the particular policy best suited for your needs. An unmarried person should go for individual health coverage while it makes lesser sense for a family.
3. Know the policy: The policy comes with a bunch of coverage along with several exclusions. It is gravely necessary for the insured to be aware of the specific illness not covered under the plan or if any pre-existing clause.
4. List of network hospital coverage: It is always preferable to buy health insurance from such companies with a wide range of network of hospitals. If this is not the case then one should look for the particular set of hospitals best suited.
5. Compare the policies: Many available online portals help the individual to get a quote for their details. It is best advised to perform such comparisons to know the best discounts in the market.
6. A policy with life-long renewability: Such policies can help the insured and their family to be covered for several years to come without facing any inconvenience. The later age of an individual is the most to be worried about which can be taken care of with such policies.